A zPass is a password you use with your UNSW User ID to access primary online services at UNSW. Your User ID is your student number, so your login ID will be in the form of z1234567.visit the the usernames page.
How do I obtain a zPass?
Creation of a zPass is now part of the Accept Online process for UNSW students, so most students should already have a zPass.
- If you are unsure whether you have a zPass, try logging in to myUNSW using your UNSW login ID, as myUNSW only accepts zPass
- If you have forgotten your zPass, you should call the IT Service Centre and ask them to reset your zPass password
- If you know that you have not created a zPass previously, but recall your UniPass you entered when you first logged into Accept Online, then follow the steps in 'How to Create a zPass' below:
How do I change my zPass?
Where will I need to use a zPass?
zPass is used only on the systems listed below:
- UniWide wireless network
- zMail Student & Alumni email
- IT Service Centre Self-Service
- UNSW Blackboard Service
- Library Online
- File Storage
|Service / Area||Affected Users|
|Medicine labs (Kensington campus)||Users of these labs
|Law labs||Users of these labs
|School of Mathematics and Statistics labs (The Red Centre)||Users of these labs
Where can I use either a UniPass or zPass?